Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, March 27, 2006

I'll stop procrastinating as soon as I get around to it!

I really do want to be better at this whole blogging thing. LMK is an awesome blogger, and sometimes I feel like I'm not even trying at it.

There are some reasons, not least of which is the amount of time I spend on the computer. If you don't use the internet for anything other than recreation, then it's easy to spend tons of time on it. But at the moment I'm working as a TA for an online film course for a Uni back in Canada. Every two weeks I have about 90 essays to mark - short ones to be sure, but it seems like such a daunting task. I love marking and teaching, but this type of course - with no face-to-face interaction isn't the best. After I spend about 30 mins marking, the last thing I want to do is read anything - especially something beamed into my retinas from the laptop.

But this course is over soon, and hopefully I'll have more to blog about then. I hate whinging about it because it's good (and easy) money, but I caught some plagiarism tonight, and that always bums me out. It is actually impossible to fail anyone in this course (I have instructions NOT to) but this numb-nuts goes out and steals from sources that I find in 45 seconds with Google. It pisses me off because I feel like I've wasted my time giving him constructive criticism for the last 4 months.

C'est la vie.

2 Comments:

Blogger diadima said...

instructions NOT to fail anyone? including someone who plagiarizes?

that sucks.

plagiarism is like the academic equivalent of baby-eating. good grief.

6:44 PM  
Blogger msmachine said...

That is just wrong! I can't imagine plagiarizing, getting caught and still passing... that's some message that the university would be sending out.

I completed my entire BA online. I loved it but I know that all of my professors didn't enjoy the experience quite so much. I did miss the opportunity to really connect with classmates and teachers but I loved having no group presentations! Glad it will be over for you soon.

Nice to see you back!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home